Mauviel M'STEEL Black Carbon Steel Round Frying Pan With Iron Handle, 9.4-In
- The collection M’STEEL, is a line made of steel carbon, 100% natural.
- Iron handles
- Black carbon is a good conductor of heat: it rises in temperature very quickly. It is an ideal material for searing, browning and grilling
- Due to its rapid conductivity, it is not very suitable for simmering.
- Commercial grade durability allows longer preheating and excellent searing capabilities.
- Thickness 2 to 2.5 mm- finish straight sides
- Rivet in aluminium 18/10 strong section mat press
- Before first use, season the pan per manufacture recommendations. The pan will build up a natural nonstick property and darken overtime.
- Can be used on all cooking surfaces. Gas, electric, induction, halogen stovetops, and in the oven.
- Diameter: 9.4-in
- Height: 5.3-in
- Beewax coating. It is used to prevent the pan from rusting and to save time when seasoning. Prior to first use, clean the pan with very hot water to remove it from the pan. If at first use there is any wax residue, use paper towel to wipe your hot pan.
- Seasoning: Cover the bottom of the pan with flavorless oil and heat for 5 mins. Let the pan cool before draining the oil, and wipe it to clean with paper towels. Repeat this process a second time and your pan is ready for use. After this process, the pan will acquire a natural nonstick property.
- The utensils Mauviel 1830 offer great performances and do not require a great deal of heat to reach ideal temperature. Moreover, it could deteriorate the bottom of the utensil.
- The temperature for cooking is ideal when one pours a drop of water and it bursts into little marbles, this reaction is called “Leidenfrost”.
- Our products have a superb conductivity, so cooktop knobs or controls cannot be used at their 100% heating power; they need to be used at a 60% capacity. It means on a level of 10, 6.
- The flame must not go over the utensil.
- Heat up your pan slowly
- Do not use high heat for a long period of time.
- Do not leave empty pan on a heated burner for an extended period of time
- Oven safe up to 680° F
Usage & Care
- Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place.
- Do not remove the layer that gradually forms on the bottom of your pan. This layer is not dirt, it will make a solid, non-stick film.
- Before storing your utensil, grease it with a little olive oil to prevent rust. After this preparation, your utensil will be faithful to you for many years.
- To clean the steel outside the pan, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to restore its shine. Be careful, however, that the mixture does not touch the inside of the pan.
- Hand wash only. Not dishwasher safe
- Do not use metal utensils on the non-stick cooking surface. The use of scouring pads, steel wool, abrasive cleansers, bleach and/or oven cleaners is not recommended and can scratch or damage your cookware.
- Misuse of your cookware will void your warranty.
Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place.
Commercial grade durable product
Mauviel USA will repair or replace any item found defective in material, construction or workmanship under normal use and following care instructions. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse.
Retinning tin lined cookware is not included in Mauviel’s limited warranty. Since tin is a naturally soft metal retinning is normal maintenance on tin lined cookware. Daily wear and tear is not covered under Mauviel’s warranty
In order to keep your pans in the best condition and under warranty:
Do not use high heat for a long period of time. Do not leave empty pan on a heated burner for an extended period of time. For items that are not dishwasher safe, Do not use in dishwasher. Do not use metal utensils on the non-stick cooking surface. The use of scouring pads, steel wool, abrasive cleansers, bleach and/or oven cleaners is not recommended and can scratch or damage your cookware. Misuse of your cookware will void your warranty. Bleach will erode the Stainless Steel interior and should not be used on any Mauviel cookware.
M'steel - The Steel Black Tin
Mauviel's M'steel black steel (carbon steel) pieces are lighter than cast iron, have excellent heat conduction, and have commercial grade durability. Made from high density material that does not retain odors.
Withstands high temps: allows longer preheating - killer searing - seals in nutrients and flavors.
Black finish: part of final heat treatment in manufacturing process (changes color when heated and over time)